New Charitable Giving Tax Incentive
The CARES Act created a charitable giving incentive for donors to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations like Lead to Read KC. It allows taxpayers to take a charitable deduction of up to $300 ($600 for married couples) for those who take the standard deduction. For those who itemize their deductions, the new law allows for cash contributions to qualified charities to be deducted up to 100 percent of your adjusted gross income for the 2020 calendar year.
If you are able, please consider donating to help give students a brighter future during this time of uncertainty. Consult your tax advisor for more information. Thank you!
How You Can Help
There are many ways you can help Lead to Read KC create a community of readers:
- Donate: Lead to Read KC is a 501(c)(3) organization. A donation of $100 helps sponsor a student for a year of one-to-one reading support. You can become a sustaining donor with a $10/month commitment. Any amount is welcomed and appreciated! You can donate via PayPal using the link below, or mail a check to: 6022 N. Strathbury Ave., Kansas City, MO 64151. Make checks payable to: Lead to Read KC.
- Books: Donate new or like-new books for special gifts to our students and for use in classroom libraries. Email for details.
- Time: Become a Reading Mentor.
- Buy: Purchase a limited edition Lead to Read KC t-shirt. Our t-shirts don’t just look good, they do good!
- Shop using our charity link on Amazon:
You don’t have to be a world leader or a billionaire to give back. Ordinary people coming together can do extraordinary things!
Many thanks to all our generous donors and community partners for helping give a brighter future to the 1,100 students we served in the 2019-20 school year. We look forward to your continued support and partnership.